Join the Friends and support the Museum
The Friends of the Geffrye is an independent charity (registered charity number 276518) that supports the Museum of the Home. Friends enjoy an exciting events programme and support the museum’s work.
Why become a Friend?
Joining the Friends is an easy way to support the Museum and keep up to date with what’s happening.
As a Friend you will receive a range of benefits, including discounts and invitations to special events.
For just £20, you can enjoy these benefits
- discount on paid-for exhibitions at the Museum
- discounts in the café and shop
- free entry to Almshouse 14 (usually £5)
- discounts on Friends events, including talks from a wide range of speakers, behind-the-scenes tours, and visits to other sites of interest
- invitations to special events and previews at the Museum
- an invite to the Friends’ annual general meeting, with a free talk, drinks and nibbles
The Friends run an exciting events programme with talks from a wide range of speakers and behind-the-scenes tours of the Museum.
We also arrange tours to other museums, private collections, galleries, gardens and places of historical interest.
The Friends organise these events and they are open to everyone.