We are looking for a dynamic and engaged Community Producer to help us transform and develop our creative programme and partnerships with Vietnamese and South East Asian communities.
Up to £30,000 per year depending on experience, with generous pension and holiday
Fixed term, full-time for 3 years
11.59pm on Monday 14 December 2020
Interviews will be held during week commencing 11 January 2021
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, including some flexibility around evenings and weekends as required.
About the role
Are you passionate about proper community engagement and co-curation? Join us as we reopen the Museum of the Home with a new vision and artistic strategy to embed our communities into the heart of what we do.
The main tasks will be to:
- Engage and communicate with existing community partners in Hackney and East London and to also identify partners who are new to the Museum nationally and internationally
- Commission artistic content that has a presence in the Museum of the Home's gallery and performance spaces and also out in the community
- Use the Museum of the Home's collection as inspiration for the development of creative learning, artistic projects and commissioning briefs
- Create an events programme to engage audiences in themes that are crowdsourced and co-curated by the community
- Create 'space' for the community voice in all aspects of the creative programme
With direct experience of working with people from Vietnam and diaspora communities, you will be passionate about participation and representation within cultural organisations and programmes.
You will value the process of co-curation and breaking down barriers to ensure that every story is told and that everyone feels welcome.
You will be able to show you can:
- Engage diverse audiences and work positively in communities
- Work collaboratively with colleagues
- Embed participation in your programming and creative projects
- Build partnerships with artists and thought leaders to support the development of this new strand of work
- Understand the relevance and importance of collections and archives
As part of our commitment to safe recruitment job offers are conditional upon DBS clearance if appropriate for the role.
How to apply
If you have what it takes to succeed in this role and are excited by the prospect of helping us achieve our ambitions, please apply.
3. Visit our online application portal, enter your personal details and upload your completed application form (Word or pdf). The portal doesn't work in Internet Explorer.
Online application portal
You will need to enter your personal details and upload a completed application form in one sitting. It is not possible to save your application and return to it later.
We will not consider applications submitted in any other format – please do not send a CV or cover letter.
If we do not contact you one week before the interview date then your application has been unsuccessful.
The Museum of the Home is an equal opportunity organisation and we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.