Are you a dynamic creative who can help us launch an exciting new events programme to make the Museum of the Home a destination for innovative creative programming?
£12,000 for 2 days per week (£30,000 full-time pro-rata). With generous pension and holiday
Fixed term, part-time for 6 months
5pm on Thursday 29 April 2021
To comply with current national lockdown restrictions interviews will take place via video call in the week commencing Monday 3 May 2021.
Flexible 2 days per week, 7 hours per day. Ideally one of the days would be Wednesdays.
About the role
This role will shape the creative programme at the Museum of the Home, with dynamic talks, events and performances that challenge audiences new and old to explore themes of home.
The main tasks will be:
- To programme Home Truths, a programme of talks and debates
- To lead on the content of the Festival of Home: an annual festival on the theme of belonging
- To work across the creative learning, curatorial and commercial departments to build positive working relationships
- To contribute to new systems of sharing information across departments, in order to get the programme online
- To contribute to the strategic direction of the creative programme
- To ensure the creative programme is diverse and representative
You will be a creative person with their finger on the cultural and political pulse, with a broad and diverse network of contacts.
You will be able to show you can:
- Programme an engaging and relevant talks programme
- Develop a cost-neutral programme, which meets income-generation targets
- Demonstrate a diverse network of artists, thinkers and thought-leaders
- Develop a thoughtful, coherent and creative programme across themes of homelessness, migration and belonging with a focus on the Festival of Home
- Work collaboratively within and across departments, thinking strategically and working across a wide range of disciplines within complex environments
As part of our commitment to safe recruitment, job offers are conditional upon DBS clearance if appropriate for the role.
The Museum of the Home is an equal opportunity organisation and we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
If you have what it takes to succeed in this role and are excited by the prospect of helping us achieve our ambitions, please apply.
How to apply
Please do not send a CV or cover letter, we will only consider applications with a completed application form.
- Complete the application form – download the application form (Word)
- Save your application form as a Word document or pdf
- Upload your completed application form to the online application portal and enter your personal details
You need to upload your completed application form and enter your personal details in one sitting. It is not possible to save your application and return to it later. The portal doesn't work in Internet Explorer.
It is really important that you upload your form to the portal – we will only consider your application if it includes a completed application form.
We will only contact you if we want to invite you to an interview. If you do not hear from us by the interview date you have been unsuccessful.
Inclusive and accessible recruitment
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment is inclusive and accessible. If you would like to request an alternative application format on disability grounds please contact us on email@example.com
You may wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for a role that interests you. If so please state this on your application and we will be in touch with you.