Exhibitions and Projects Manager
The Exhibitions and Projects Manager is a vital role in the Creative Programming and Collections team, the role will successfully realise exhibitions, displays, and projects to open up the museum’s collections to a wide range of audiences.
A key piece of delivery is the Real Rooms project, a gallery redevelopment project redisplaying the Museum’s period rooms. This role will manage the development and delivery of the project.
£32,000 per year with generous pension and holiday
5.00 pm on Monday 31 July 2023
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 7 August 2023.
35 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
About the role
This role will be central to the delivery of the Real Rooms Project, Winter Festival, and exhibitions at the Museum of the Home. Working with curators, learning producers and our communities to make our displays and exhibitions representative of London Homes.
The main tasks will be:
- Support the strategic development of the Exhibitions programme, including building relationships with institutions and museums.
- Project Manage the Real Rooms redisplay
- Deliver the Museum’s annual Winter Festival with support from the Creative Programming team
- Manage content development and creative practice of exhibitions and projects
- Source loans, write and edit text and other forms of interpretation, source images and copyright for graphics and other interpretative material such as replicas and props
- Conduct research and consultation with audiences
- Lead on implementing best practice and cost-effective working practices for exhibitions
- Hold an overview of the logistical planning, loan negotiation and object care of exhibitions at the museum
- Working with the Curator to develop and update gallery content
- Act as lead contact for planning exhibitions with partner venues
- Oversee planning and arrangements for installation and de-installation of exhibitions
- Keep up to date with exhibition best practice
- Develop, maintain and administer project budgets
- Review internal procedures and systems to ensure that they are maintained and fit for purpose
- Maintain interactives and AV equipment in exhibitions and permanent galleries
- Manage ongoing development and performance of Collections Manager
You’ll be a professional and organised person and an experienced Project Manager, with good communications and teamwork skills. You will have a track record of delivering dynamic and engaging exhibitions.
You will be able to show you can:
- Have a knowledge of collections, exhibitions and interpretation
- Develop creative content that is engaging and innovative
- Manage budgets
- Project manage exhibitions and capital projects
- Have a knowledge of Collections Management
- Be a self-starter
- Communicate and collaborate across the organisation and with external stakeholders
Please note that offers are subject to DBS clearance if appropriate for the role.
How to apply
Please do not send a CV or cover letter, we will only consider applications with a completed application form. Please read the instructions and download the application form before applying.
- Download and complete the application form (below)
- Save your application form as a Word document or pdf
- Upload your completed application form to the online application portal and enter your personal details.
You will need to upload your completed application form and enter your personal details in one sitting. It is not possible to save your application and return to it later. Please note this portal does not work in Internet Explorer.
Due to the quantity of applications, we will only contact those invited to interview. If you do not hear from us by the interview date you have been unsuccessful - we encourage you to stay up to date with upcoming opportunities to volunteer or work with us.
Inclusive and accessible recruitment
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment is inclusive and accessible. If you would like to request an alternative application format on disability grounds please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You may wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for a role that interests you. If so please state this on your application and we will be in touch with you.