Head of Audiences
£56,000 plus competitive benefits
London / flexible working
11.59pm on Sunday 7 November 2021
About the role
As the Head of Audiences, you will play a critical role in the ongoing evolution of the Museum of the Home, responsible for developing the Museum’s diverse audiences, visitors and stakeholders, and for leading marketing, press, public relations and brand activity for the Museum, locally, nationally and internationally.
This role plays a key role in ensuring a Visitor First organisation, overseeing the continuum of marketing, communication and digital engagement strategies through to managing the on-site visitor experience - ensuring a great visitor experience for all.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A track record of understanding diverse audiences and cross-cultural marketing that results in the broadening and diversifying of an audience base
- Experience developing or working with Audience Development plans to grow and diversify visitor engagement
- Experience developing or working with Communications strategies and plans to maximise opportunities and reach
- Experience in leading Visitor Experience teams and activities
- Proven success in harnessing the power of digital communication and social media along with experience of working across a range of communication channels
- Experience in building, leading, managing and motivating teams
- The ability and experience of setting and managing budgets
- The ability to use data analytics for strategy development and execution
- Familiarity with activity evaluation practices and strategies (desirable)
- Experience in presenting papers and reports at the executive level (desirable)
As part of our commitment to safe recruitment job offers are conditional upon DBS clearance if appropriate for the role.
For more information about the role and for how to apply please follow the link to the full role brief
The Museum of the Home is an equal opportunities organisation and we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
If you have what it takes to succeed in this role and are excited by the prospect of helping us achieve our ambitions, please apply.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a supporting application statement.
Your statement should be up to 2 pages long answering the following questions:
- What attracts you to work for the Museum of the Home and this specific role?
- From what you know about the opportunity, what experience and skills would you bring that would enable you to be successful in this role?
Inclusive and accessible recruitment
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment is inclusive and accessible.
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process and we will always endeavour to be as accommodating as possible.
If you would like to discuss any specific requirements, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.