Are you a diligent and pro-active HR administrator with a fantastic eye for detail? In this role, you can help deliver high standards of HR admin support in our newly transformed Museum.
£10,000 per year for two days per week (£25k full-time equivalent). With generous pension and holiday
9am on Monday, 9 October 2023
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 16 October 2023.
14 hours per week, working pattern to be agreed. Some remote working possible.
About the role
This is your chance to play a key part in recruiting and on-boarding new staff as well as delivering high standards of HR admin services to all staff. Our ambition is to make the Museum an Amazing Place to Work and we are looking for a committed team member who can support this.
The main tasks will be:
- Manage the vacancy advertising process from end to end, including uploading adverts to appropriate platforms, managing our recruitment inbox, answering candidate queries, etc.
- Draft employment contracts and complete new starter checks including employment references and DBS checks
- Draft and issue other employment documentation providing relevant information to Payroll
- Administer starter and leavers processes including holiday calculations, payroll coordination, arranging HR inductions and exit interviews
- Input all relevant information on our HR system and maintain employee files
- Collating HR survey data such as exit interviews, equality questionnaires, etc.
- Identify process problems and recommend improvements to the Head of HR
You will be thorough and systematic in your approach to work with a minimum 6 months’ experience working in HR administration.
You will be able to show you can:
- Handle information in a confidential and tactful manner
- Follow processes and solve problems as required
- Use your attention to detail
- Manipulate data using a range of IT tools and software
- Use your time management skills to complete all tasks
- Communicate effectively in writing, face to face, and using digital tools
- Use your initiative to suggest improvements to our HR processes
How to apply
Please do not send a CV or cover letter – we will only consider applications with a completed application form. Please read the instructions and download the application form under Current Vacancies on our website before applying.
- Download and complete the application form (below)
- Save your application form as a Word document or pdf
- Upload your completed application form to the online application portal and enter your personal details.
You will need to upload your completed application form and enter your personal details in one sitting. It is not possible to save your application and return to it later. Please note this portal does not work in Internet Explorer.
Due to the quantity of applications, we will only contact those invited to interview. If you do not hear from us by the interview date you have been unsuccessful - we encourage you to stay up to date with upcoming opportunities to volunteer or work with us.
Inclusive and accessible recruitment
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment is inclusive and accessible. If you would like to request an alternative application format on disability grounds please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You may wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for a role that interests you. If so please state this on your application and we will be in touch with you.