Are you a diligent and pro-active HR administrator with a fantastic eye for detail? This is a new role to help deliver high standards of HR admin support in our newly transformed Museum.
£10,000 per year for two days per week (£25k full-time equivalent). With generous pension and holiday
5.00 pm on Friday, 17 June 2022.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 27 June 2022.
14 hours per week. These will be spread over 2 days (7 hours per day) or two half days (3.5 hours) and one full day (7 hours).
Thursday will be a full day in the office, with the other day (or two half days) between Monday and Wednesday likely on a remote basis from home.
About the role
This is your chance to play a key part in recruiting and on-boarding new staff as well as delivering high standards of HR admin services to all staff. Our ambition is to make the Museum an Amazing Place to Work and we are looking for a committed team member who can support this.
The main tasks will be:
• Manage the vacancy advertising process from end to end, including uploading adverts to appropriate platforms, managing our recruitment inbox, answering candidate queries, etc.
• Draft employment contracts and complete new starter checks including employment references and DBS checks
• Draft and issue other employment documentation providing relevant information to Payroll
• Administer starter and leavers processes including holiday calculations, payroll coordination, arranging HR inductions and exit interviews
• Input all relevant information on our HR system and maintain employee files
• Collating HR survey data such as exit interviews, equality questionnaires, etc.
• Identify process problems and recommend improvements to the Head of HR
You will be thorough and systematic in your approach to work with a minimum 6 months’ experience working in HR administration.
You will be able to show you can:
• Handle information in a confidential and tactful manner
• Follow processes and solve problems as required
• Use your attention to detail
• Manipulate data using a range of IT tools and software
• Use your time management skills to complete all tasks
• Communicate effectively in writing, face to face, and using digital tools
• Use your initiative to suggest improvements to our HR processes
How to apply
The Museum of the Home is an equal opportunity organisation and we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
If you have what it takes to succeed in this role and are excited by the prospect of helping us achieve our ambitions, please apply.
Please do not send a CV or cover letter, we will only consider applications with a completed application form.
- Read the full Job Description (PDF)
- Download the application form (Word)
- Save your application in Word or as a PDF
- Upload your application to the online application portal
It is really important that you upload your form to the portal – we will only consider your application if it includes a completed application form.
You need to upload your completed application form and enter your personal details in one sitting. It is not possible to save your application and return to it later. The portal doesn't work in Internet Explorer.
We will only contact you if we want to invite you to an interview. If you do not hear from us by the interview date you have been unsuccessful.
Inclusive and accessible recruitment
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment is inclusive and accessible. If you would like to request an alternative application format on disability grounds please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org