Saturday Visitor Experience Host
Can you provide excellent customer experience? We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our successful visitor-facing team. If you are a talented customer service professional who enjoys meeting new people, engaging in conversation and exploring big ideas, then we want to hear from you!
London Living Wage of £11.95 per hour
Saturdays, 9.30am - 4.30pm
5pm on Friday, 1 December 2023
Shortly after the closing date
About the role
Our Visitor Experience Hosts play a key role in delivering a great visitor experience at Museum of the Home, welcoming people to our newly re-developed galleries and gardens and using conversation and storytelling to help all our visitors explore the subject of home.
The main tasks will be:
- Welcoming visitors and ensuring a high standard of visitor experience throughout the Museum’s galleries and gardens
- Supporting the Museum’s fundraising and commercial activity through the promotion of donations, sale of tickets and operation of temporary events and exhibitions
- Helping to maintain a safe and secure environment for our collections, visitors, staff and volunteers
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who live in Hackney or East London. You may be studying or working part-time elsewhere or looking for a new opportunity in the cultural or heritage sectors.
We provide full training to enable you to carry out this role. However, some customer-facing experience is essential. You may have gained relevant experience in education, work or through volunteering. Whatever your level of experience, you should be able to show you can:
- Provide excellent customer or visitor service
- Communicate effectively with a range of different people
- Listen and respect different voices
As part of our commitment to safe recruitment job offers are conditional upon DBS clearance if appropriate for the role.
How to apply
Please do not send a CV or cover letter – we will only consider applications with a completed application form. Please read the instructions and download the application form under Current Vacancies on our website before applying.
- Download and complete the application form (below)
- Save your application form as a Word document or pdf
- Upload your completed application form to the online application portal and enter your personal details.
You will need to upload your completed application form and enter your personal details in one sitting. It is not possible to save your application and return to it later. Please note this portal does not work in Internet Explorer.
Due to the quantity of applications, we will only contact those invited to interview. If you do not hear from us by the interview date you have been unsuccessful - we encourage you to stay up to date with upcoming opportunities to volunteer or work with us.
Inclusive and accessible recruitment
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment is inclusive and accessible. If you would like to request an alternative application format on disability grounds please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You may wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for a role that interests you. If so please state this on your application and we will be in touch with you.