We are looking for an outgoing individual to pro-actively increase donations front of house, raising vital funds to ensure the Museum of the Home will remain free and open to all for future generations.
£24,000 FTE per year with generous pension and holiday
Permanent, part time
5pm on Thursday 7 December 2023
Group interviews on Wednesday 13 December
Tuesday-Thursday and Friday-Sunday OR Various shift patterns available, including regular weekend working
About the role
This role is instrumental to our ambitious fundraising strategy at the Museum. By ensuring all visitors are asked for voluntary donations, you help to support the Museum of the Home to remain free and open to all for future generations.
The main tasks will be:
- Proactively engage with visitors at the point of entry with enthusiasm to provide a warm and engaging welcome.
- Understand visitors motivations and make meaningful recommendations about the Museum of the Home and its offer.
- Proactively translate visitor engagement into financial support by asking every visitor for voluntary donations, to increase donations in line with targets.
- Demonstrate inclusive behaviours, valuing all our visitors and promoting a culture of openness.
Maintain a good knowledge of emergency procedures, assist in emergency situations and be responsible for the health and safety of visitors and colleagues.
You’ll be an extrovert to relishes the opportunity to talk to anyone. You may have a background in customer service or sales, and are passionate about arts, culture and heritage.
You will be able to show you can:
- Achieve financial targets
- Communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Demonstrate passion for arts and heritage
- Build strong working relationships with teams across the Museum
Please note that offers are subject to DBS clearance if appropriate for the role.
How to apply
Please do not send a CV or cover letter – we will only consider applications with a completed application form. Please read the instructions and download the application form under Current Vacancies on our website before applying.
- Download and complete the application form (below)
- Save your application form as a Word document or pdf
- Upload your completed application form to the online application portal and enter your personal details.
You will need to upload your completed application form and enter your personal details in one sitting. It is not possible to save your application and return to it later. Please note this portal does not work in Internet Explorer.
Due to the quantity of applications, we will only contact those invited to interview. If you do not hear from us by the interview date you have been unsuccessful - we encourage you to stay up to date with upcoming opportunities to volunteer or work with us.
Inclusive and accessible recruitment
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment is inclusive and accessible. If you would like to request an alternative application format on disability grounds please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You may wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for a role that interests you. If so please state this on your application and we will be in touch with you.