Request for proposal: Kingsland Lawns
Invitation to apply for events partnership on Kingsland Lawns
The Museum of the Home is delighted to present an exciting opportunity for a new partnership on our Kingsland Lawns. We are welcoming applications for a creative day-to-evening offering, working alongside the Museum to build a successful business in a thriving neighbourhood.
The Kingsland Lawns
The lawns themselves are surrounded on three sides by the Grade 1 listed former almshouses, and on the fourth by the popular and busy Kingsland Road linking Hoxton with Shoreditch and the City.The two lawns (at 35m x 28m each) have a capacity for 800 standing, including the pathways and York stone in the centre. Access is available via three gates from Kingsland Road.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented and creative team to propose an exciting day-to-evening offering and build a successful business in a vibrant and rapidly developing neighbourhood. The candidate must be willing to work alongside the Museum as a popular cultural destination.
The candidate should provide necessary income for the museum by driving commercial use of the lawns. We are open to proposals as regards:
- Times of the Year - i.e. all year round, summer months only etc.
- Business model - i.e. acting as a booker and curator of events, running events directly, developing new activity (such as immersive theatre) etc.
- Financials - i.e. a first-call arrangement then accessing a discounted daily rate, a flat fee, a flat fee and a daily rate etc.
- Duration – length of agreement
Expressions of interest should include your concept and vision – outlining with evidence of previous experience:
- The nature of your proposed activity
- Indicative opening hours
- How you envisage working with the Museum and how your proposal supports the vision of Museum of the Home
- Your sustainability policy
- Your financial proposal including five-year forecast of annual turnover
- Corporate structure and previous 3 years' accounts
- An indication of any modifications that may be required (NB the lawns form part of a grade 1 listed space)
- The legal identity of the proposed contractual party
- Any additional requests
Application deadline: Friday 25 November 2022
Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com
Click below for complete details regarding proposals.