Work with us
Are you thinking about working for the Museum of the Home?
We aim to be an amazing place to work. If you’re looking for a specific role in the culture and heritage sector or live locally and want to support your community we want you to choose us.
Have a look at our current vacancies for a variety of exciting and rewarding roles. You can also find out more about working for us and the support we offer you in developing your career.
Working for us
At the Museum of the Home we reveal and rethink the ways we live in order to live better together. We’re passionate about what we do.
Working here will give you the opportunity to come together with positive and professional people who have a wide range of skills, abilities, experiences and perspectives.
We aim to communicate openly and honestly, and treat everyone with fairness. We’re looking for people who are passionate about what we do and have bags of enthusiasm and creative ideas to help us realise our ambitions.
Our culture and values
We want our people to feel valued and able to be themselves at work. We want staff to love what they do and to enjoy coming to work. And we value a healthy work-life balance.
Our museum has bold ambitions. We are proud of our core values that help us achieve our aims.
- Collaborative: we engage with many partners to create a welcoming and dynamic space for everyone
- Agile: we are flexible in our ways of working and quickly adapt to change
- Risk-taking: we have a supportive environment where it’s ok to try new things and fail
- Diverse: we believe that a happy and diverse workforce encourages a happy and diverse audience
- Eco-aware: we always look for ways to be more environmentally sustainable
We aim to provide a stimulating working environment for everyone in the team. You’ll be working alongside great colleagues and in a beautiful Grade 1 listed building.
You are also entitled to other employment benefits when you join us:
- 25 days’ paid holiday per year (increasing by one day per year, up to 30 days), plus bank holidays
- Membership to one of two pension schemes
- Staff discount in our shop and café upon reopening
- Free access to many exhibitions, museums and art galleries in London
- A confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Affordable yoga classes on site
We also have various groups which you can join:
- Wellbeing forum
- Sustainability forum
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion group
Current job vacancies
There are no current vacancies. For the latest job vacancies follow us on social media.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We are keen to employ people with transferrable skills and experience that will benefit the Museum.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment, and provide reasonable adjustments.
We encourage everyone to apply for our jobs but we cannot provide sponsorship for work visas.
We do not accept speculative applications.
Career development and training
At the Museum you’ll have a chance to get involved in many interesting projects giving you exposure to different areas of our work.
We are a medium sized organisation undergoing a transformation. This offers lots of opportunities and advantages for career development. You can enhance skills you have already and learn new ones.
You'll have the chance to meet experts in their field who have a diverse range of skills, experience and points of view.
We encourage people in different departments to share their skills with others. We look for internal opportunities for knowledge and experience transfer. And we will provide any training that is essential to carry out your role.