We aim to be an amazing place to work. If you're looking for a specific role in the culture and heritage sector, or live locally and want to support your community, we want you to consider us.
Working with us
Read more about working with us and the support we offer you in developing your career below.
About our recruitment
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
We want people with transferrable skills and experience, diverse approaches and opinions.
This helps us do things in new ways.
We all share a vision of being collaborative, agile, risk-taking, diverse and eco-active.
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment is inclusive and accessible. If you would like to request an alternative application format on disability grounds please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You may wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for a role that interests you. If so please state this on your application and we will be in touch with you.
We encourage everyone to apply for our jobs but we cannot provide sponsorship for work visas.
We do not accept speculative applications.
As part of our commitment to safe recruitment job offers are conditional upon DBS clearance if appropriate for the role.
Working for us
At the Museum of the Home we reveal and rethink the ways we live in order to live better together. We're passionate about what we do.
Working here will give you the opportunity to come together with positive and professional people who have a wide range of skills, abilities, experiences and perspectives.
We aim to communicate openly and honestly, and treat everyone with fairness. We're looking for people who are passionate about what we do and have bags of enthusiasm and creative ideas to help us realise our ambitions.
Our culture and values
We want our people to feel valued and able to be themselves at work. We want staff to love what they do and to enjoy coming to work. And we value a healthy work-life balance.
Our museum has bold ambitions. We are proud of our core values that help us achieve our aims.
- Collaborative: we engage with many partners to create a welcoming and dynamic space for everyone
- Agile: we are flexible in our ways of working and quickly adapt to change
- Risk-taking: we have a supportive environment where it’s ok to try new things and fail
- Diverse: we believe that a happy and diverse workforce encourages a happy and diverse audience
- Eco-aware: we always look for ways to be more environmentally sustainable
We aim to provide a stimulating working environment for everyone in the team. You’ll be working alongside great colleagues and in a beautiful Grade 1 listed building.
You are also entitled to other employment benefits when you join us:
- 25 days' paid holiday per year (increasing by one day per year, up to 30 days), plus bank holidays
- Membership to one of two pension schemes
- Staff discount in our shop and café upon reopening
- Free access to many exhibitions, museums and art galleries in London
- A confidential Employee Assistance Programme
We also have various groups which you can join:
- Wellbeing forum
- Sustainability forum
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion group
Career development and training
At the Museum you'll have a chance to get involved in many interesting projects giving you exposure to different areas of our work.
We are a medium sized organisation undergoing a transformation. This offers lots of opportunities and advantages for career development. You can enhance skills you have already and learn new ones.
You'll have the chance to meet experts in their field who have a diverse range of skills, experience and points of view.
We encourage people in different departments to share their skills with others. We look for internal opportunities for knowledge and experience transfer. And we will provide any training that is essential to carry out your role.