Routes to Radical Care with ESEA Sisters
To round up this year’s ESEA Heritage month, ESEA Sisters will be hosting their annual healing event. Expect a day of transformative inner well-being and community care.
A rejuvenating session to start our day, led by Spectra Wellbeing.
Podmapping* & healing circle
Delve into how podmapping strengthens our support systems and work with fellow participants to create your own pod maps. This interactive session will challenge us to uncover how radical and transformative our communities can actually be in our daily lives.
Conclude our transformative day with a soothing sound bath experience. Jennie's Tibetan singing bowls and chimes will synchronise with your brainwaves, fostering deep relaxation and mental clarity. This practice reinforces the importance of inner wellbeing in our collective journey towards transformative justice.
*The term “pod” refers to a specific type of relationship where people can turn to each other for support around harmful and/or abusive experiences, whether as survivors, bystanders, or people who have been harmed. Although it was initially envisioned to support people in these situations, this framework can be applied to all levels of harm and isolation and day to day life as marginalised people. The practice of pod-mapping is developed by ESEA disability advocate Mia Mingus and members of the Bay Area Transformative Justice Collective.
Important points to note:
- This is a free event for women, trans, non-binary and genderqueer people of ESEA heritage.
- This event is for people aged 18+.
- All activities are optional, if you are not comfortable participating that is welcome too.
- Please bring a yoga mat if you would like to participate and lie down during the sound bath session (although it is also fine to sit on a chair).
- You are welcome to bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated during the sessions
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothing for ease of movement.
- Refreshments and some snacks will be available.
- There will be photography and videography taking place that may be used by ESEA Sisters and organisations/individuals involved in the event for future marketing including social media. Please let us know at registration if you have questions/concerns.
ESEA Sisters exist to cultivate a community where women, transgender, non-binary and genderqueer people of ESEA heritage feel empowered and joyful as their full selves. A few of our members will be facilitating this workshop drawing upon our combined experiences of grassroots organising, reimagining what community really means to us and enabling groups to design and implement transformative justice methods in practice.
ESEA Sister Jennie is a qigong instructor and sound therapist, trained and certified in both practices. She connects with the natural energy around us and holds space so her clients are able to relax and let go in a safe, nurturing space. She offers Qigong, Sound baths and Qi healings, based in London. To find out more please visit: www.spectrawellbe.com
Sunday 1 October 2023
136 Kingsland Road, London E2 8EA