Room with a view
With limited outside space people often put pots of plants outside their window.
It gives them a sense of an outdoor garden in the city.
This watercolour painting shows the view of the artist's plant-covered roof terrace.
- How does this picture make you feel?
- Can you imagine any sounds or smells?
- What can you see outside your window?
- Are there any people or animals?
- Does the scene change during the day?
- Can you write an acrostic poem inspired by the painting?
- Can you write a poem inspired by your view?
How to write an acrostic poem
The first letters of each line spell out a word or phrase vertically, like this:
Run and play