Adventures of a hibernating polar bear
How do you like to hibernate at home?
Female polar bears dig dens in the snow and sleep for four to eight months in the winter.
This ceramic ornament was designed by John Skeaping.
He was inspired by his visits to London Zoo.
- How do you think a polar bear prepares for hibernation?
- What do you think a polar bear den looks like?
- Can you write a story about a polar bear?
- Could you make it into a zine (mini magazine)?
- Can you create your own den at home using chairs and a bed sheet?
How to make a zine
More things to do for families
Room with a view
What's outside your window?
What have you been up to?
What are you playing?