Get involved - become a Young Producer
Are you 14 to 21 years old? Looking for opportunities to develop new skills and find out how museums work?
You don't need any previous experience, all you need is enthusiasm!
Current project (until July 2020)
Create a digital trail for other young people to use in the galleries when the Museum reopens.
Our Young Producer scheme
What's it about?
- Develop new skills
- Experience working in a museum
- Produce events and resources
Who's it for?
- Anyone aged 14 to 21
- No experience need, just enthusiasm!
What's in it for you?
- Create and design an interactive digital trail for other young people
- Work alongside Gamar, an augmented reality company, to create the trail
- Work closely with the curatorial team to research the collection
- Visit other museums and test their trails
- Gain experience of marketing and promotion, including social media
- Be part of a creative group of young people
- Add valuable skills to your CV and UCAS form
- Support your Duke of Edinburgh Award
How does it work?
- Meetings every other Tuesday 5-7pm at the Museum
- Project lasts 6 months
- You can join throughout the year
- Your travel expenses covered (up to £12.70)
- Snacks and drinks at every meeting
How to join
For more information on how to get involved email Matilde at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome anyone who is 14 to 21 years old and keen to develop their creative skills in the museum sector.